Motorbike Travel Tips
Motorbike Travel Tips in Yunnan and Advice provide some practical Yunnan travel tips such as Best Time to Take a Motorbike Tour, Best Places to Take a Motorbike Tour, Most Popular Yunnan Motorbike Tours, How to Plan a Motorbike Tour, Tips and FAQs of Yunnan Travel, which can help you make a better plan before departure, and deal with emergencies or anything unpredictable while traveling.
Best Places to Take a Motorbike Tour in Yunnan
It seems that in everyone’s mind, Tibet, Sinkiang are the essence of motorbike tourism. Even if motorbike lovers come to Yunnan, they quickly rush to the northwest China. However, many motorbike lovers greatly underestimate the charm of the south of the colorful clouds. The beautiful tropical jungle, the wonderful ethnic customs are the best reasons to take a motorbike tour in Yunnan. Of course, Yunnan is the only place where you can see the tropical forests from the snow mountains. The best places to take a motorbike tour in Yunnan are as follows:
- Baisha Ancient Town
- Dongchuan Red Land
- Lugu Lake
- Dianchi Lake
- Shaxi Ancient Town
- Erhai Lake
- Three Parallel Rivers
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
Best Time to Take a Motorbike Tour in Yunnan
The weather in most areas of Yunnan is mild in winter and cool in summer. It is suitable to visit Yunnan all year round. Yunnan’s varied terrain results in diverse landscapes and weather conditions. The best time to visit depends largely on what you want to see and which part you want to go to. For motorbike lovers, the best time to cycle in Yunnan is in spring and autumn.
Most Popular Yunnan Motorbike Tours in Yunnan
- 10 Days Yunnan Motorbike Tour from Mohan Border to Ruili Border
- 15 Days Yunnan-Tibet Motorbike Tours
- 24 Days Thailand-Laos-China Motorbike Tour to Discover Shangri-La
More about Yunnan Motorbike Tours
Important Motorbike Travel Tips
How to Get to Yunnan
Entering Yunnan from Xichang and Panzhihua along the 108 National Highway, after entering the Jinsha River, you will enter Yongren County, and continue to cycle along the national highway to Yuanmou County, Wuding County, Luquan County, finally arrive to Fumin County.
Yunnan-Tibet Highway is an important access to Yunnan from Tibet. It was put into use in 1973, with a total length of 1,930 km starting from Jinghong City of Yunnan to Duopuma of Qinghai. Besides, it is connected with Sichuan-Tibet southern highway (G318). Part of the Yunnan-Tibet highway was Tea Horse Road in ancient time.
The Recommended Yunnan Border Routes
- From Yunnan-Vietnam: Kunming-Shilin-Mile-Kaiyuan-Mengzi – Pingbian-Hanoi
- From Yunnan-Laos: Kunming-Yuxi-Yuanjiang-Mojiang-Pu’er-Simao-Jinghong-Mengla – Mohan
- From Yunnan-Myamar(Jiegao): Kunming-Yuxi-Yuanjiang-Mojiang-Puer-Simao-Jinghong-Menghai-Daluo
What to Pack for Yunnan Motorbike Travel
- Carrying raincoats and riding gear that provide proper cover for your luggage is a must.
- Motorcycle boots, biker gloves, traveling backpack, earplugs, a map, a biker’s jacket, helmet are necessary for your Yunnan Motorbike Travel.
Choose the Most Suitable Motorbike for You
Choosing the perfect motorbike is one of the most important aspects of traveling by motorcycle. And your motorbike needs to be in accordance with the demands of your trip. Your checklist for choosing the right motorbike should focus on aspects like mileage, low maintenance and most importantly, a comfortable seating position so that you don’t strain your neck and/or back over the course of a long journey.
Follow Traffic Rules
When it comes to defensive cycling, obeying traffic rules and using common sense are essential. Traffic rules are in place to help protect you and others while operating a vehicle on the road. Make sure you know the rules and that you apply them to your own driving every day. You should know and understand the following:
- Speed limits
- Traffic signs and signals
- Follow the 2-second rule
- Signal your intentions
- Pass with care and only where allowed
Take a Break Timely
You may need more rest while on a cycling road trip than you usually take. Sitting on a motor bike for long hours without a break can cause saddle sores. Use the break to rest and also to check if you need to refuel your tank and if your bike is in good conditions. This will save you from unexpected difficult circumstances.
- When is the Best Time to Ride Motorbike in China
- Why You Ride Motorbike in China
- Where Do you Ride Motorbike in China
- How Can you Ride Motorbike to China
- Which Borders are Passable for Motorbike Riding in China