Yunnan Ancient Tea Trees
Yunnan Ancient Tea Trees are regarded as the highlights of Yunnan Tea Culture Exploration, especially for the fan of Puer tea. Yunnan province is characterized by its special topography. To the north of Yunnan borders on the Tibetan plateau and rises up to a elevation of 6740m. In the south, however, it descends to only 76.4m above sea level into the infamous Golden Triangle. The different topography affects especially the climate which can be, depending on the location, between a tropical monsoon climate and a dry mountain air, these different growing conditions produce many aged Pu-erh Tea Trees.
Top Ancient Pu-erh Tea Trees in Yunnan
|Jinxiu (Xiangzhuqing) Ancient Tea Tree
|Xiangzhujing, Fenqing county, Lincang
|Qianjiazhai No. 1 Ancient Tea Tree
|Qianjiazhai Village in Zhenyuan County, Puer
|Mengku Snow Mountain No. 1 Ancient Tea Tree
|Shuangjiang County, Lincang
|Bangwei Ancient Tea Tree
|Lancang County, Puer
|Yuanjiang Wild Ancient Tea Tree
|Yuanjiang County, Yuxi
|King of the Ancient Tea Tree in Mt. Nannuoshan
|Menghai County, Xishuangbanna
|Mangjing Ancient Tea Tree
|Lancang County, Puer
|King of The Tea Tree in Xiaogude Village
|Nanjian County, Dali
Among the above ancient tea trees in Yunnan, the Most Famous Top 5 Old Tea Trees are:
- 1. Jinxiu (Xiangzhuqing) Ancient Tea Tree: It is the largest ancient cultivated arber tea tree found in the world. The tea tree is 10.6 meters high and its trunk is 1.84 meters in diameter. Now it is strictly protected as living fossil of ancient tea trees. This Jinxiu Tea Tree King witness China’s long history of tea and tea culture.
- 2. Qianjiazhai No. 1 Ancient Tea Tree: Found in 1991, The tea tree, with a height of 25.6 meters, is the largest ancient wild arber tea tree in the world. It was listed in Guinness World Records in 2001.
- 3. Mengku Snow Mountain No. 1 Ancient Tea Tree: Mengku No.1 Tea Tree and tea groups situated at the Yuku town on the peak of Mengku Snow Mountain (2200-2750 meters above sea level). With a age of 2700 years, Mengku No.1 Tea Tree is 16.8 meters high and its trunk is 3.1 meters in diameter.
- 4. Bangwei Ancient Tea Tree: Grown at 1900 meters above sea level, the arber tea tree king is 11.8 meters high and its trunk is 1.14 meters in diameter.The ancient tea tree of Bangwei is the only ancient transitional tea tree in the world and provides a scientific basis for all kind of tea culture research.
- 5. Yuanjiang Wild Ancient Tea Tree: They are the best-preserved thousand-year-old wild ancient tea trees. The bigger arber tea tree king is 12.2 meters high and its root trunk is 1.2 meters in diameter.
Ancient Tea Plantations in Yunnan
Besides the King of the tea trees, ancient tea plantations are where you can see large areas of old tea trees, such as the famous Six Puer Tea Mountains and Jingmai Tea Plantation. If want to start a Puer tea trip, join our Yunnan Tea Tours and visit the old tea trees in Yunnan.
- Mangjing Ancient Tea Plantation
- Ancient Tea Plantations of Ailao Mountain
- Ancient Tea Plantations of Wuliang Mountain
- Ancient Tea Plantations of Yubishan Mountain
- Qianjiazhai Ancient Tea Plantation
- Ancient Tea Plantations of Laoshan Mountain
- Ancient Tea Plantation in Huazhu Liangzi Mountain
- Bangwai Ancient Tea Garden of Wuliang Mountain
- Ancient Tea Plantations in Mengku Snow Mountain