Lianghe County History
Lianghe county has a long history, which used to be on the “South Silk Road”.Lianghe is called “Nansong” in ancient times, or “Nandian”, and is called “Mengdi” in Dai language.
Lianghe is manor of ‘ Mengdi’ in ancient time, which was a Dai Kingdom. In 425 BC, the headman of Dai people in the “Mengzhang” (Baoshan Basin) advocated establishing the alliance country, Ailao Kingdom哀牢国, Mengdaguang in Dai language. In 69, Ailao Kingdom submitted to Han Dynasty. Lianghe is a part of Yongchang Prefecture, Ailao County. Then, Lianghe was a part of ‘Mengmao’ Kingdom. Lianghe was administrated by the headman of Nandian Xuanfusi.
Nandian Xuanfu Chieftain Office
Nandian Xuanfu Chieftain Office is a key national cultural relic protection unit and a national Grade AAAA scenic spot. Located at No. 34 Nandian Road, Zhedao Town, Lianghe County of Dehong, it was originally built in the first year of Xianfeng Emperor’s reign (1851) in Qing Dynasty, and is the best preserved chieftain office, having been listed as a key national cultural relic protection unit and a national Grade AAAA scenic spot.