Shangri-La Weather in February
Shangri-La Weather and Climate in February
When you travel to Shangri-la in February. The precipitation in Shangri-La in February was relatively low and the air was cold and dry. Daily high temperatures increase by 4°F, from 44°F to 48°F. Daily low temperatures increase by 4°F, from 21°F to 25°F.
Historical Shangri-La Average Daily Temperatures in February
|February||Average High||Average Low|
|1||6.7°C / 44°F||-5.6°C /22°F|
|2||6.7°C / 44°F||-5.6°C /22°F|
|3||6.7°C / 44°F||-5.6°C /22°F|
|4||6.7°C / 44°F||-5.6°C /22°F|
|5||6.7°C / 44°F||-5.6°C /22°F|
|6||7.2°C / 45°F||-5.6°C / 22°F|
|7||7.2°C / 45°F||-5.6°C / 22°F|
|8||7.2°C / 45°F||-5.6°C / 22°F|
|9||7.2°C / 45°F||-5°C / 23°F|
|10||7.2°C / 45°F||-5°C / 23°F|
|11||7.2°C / 45°F||-5°C / 23°F|
|12||7.2°C / 45°F||-5°C / 23°F|
|13||7.2°C / 45°F||-5°C / 23°F|
|14||7.2°C / 45°F||-5°C / 23°F|
|15||7.8°C / 46°F||-5°C / 23°F|
|16||7.8°C / 46°F||-5°C / 23°F|
|17||7.8°C / 46°F||-4.4°C / 24°F|
|18||7.8°C / 46°F||-4.4°C / 24°F|
|19||7.8°C / 46°F||-4.4°C / 24°F|
|20||7.8°C / 46°F||-4.4°C / 24°F|
|21||7.8°C / 46°F||-4.4°C / 24°F|
|22||8.3°C / 47°F||-4.4°C / 24°F|
|23||8.3°C / 47°F||-3.9°C / 25°F|
|24||8.3°C / 47°F||-3.9°C / 25°F|
|25||8.3°C / 47°F||-3.9°C / 25°F|
|26||8.3°C / 47°F||-3.9°C / 25°F|
|27||8.9°C / 48°F||-3.9°C / 25°F|
|28||8.9°C / 48°F||-3.9°C / 25°F|
What to Wear for a February Shangri-La Travel
No matter when to go, you should be prepared with some warm clothes. The temperature is much lower at night, and light down-filled coats, cotton-padded clothes, leather jackets, and woolen coats are needed. Felt hats, gloves, and scarves are nice choices when going outdoors.
Useful Travel Tips for you to travel Shangri-La in February
- In the process of playing, we must do a good job of keeping warm, and do a good job of water replenishment. We can drink more water on the way of traveling, the most important thing is taking some skin care products,so that the skin will not be dry.
- Ultraviolet radiation is strong here, so visitors must prepare some sunscreen products to prevent skin from being burned by ultraviolet radiation, and wind and sand is relatively large, masks are essential items.
- After arriving, you may have altitude stress: shortness of breath, chest tightness and dreaminess. At this moment, you must not do strenuous exercise or drink alcohol but should have a good rest and keep warm.
- A pair of sunglasses is essential to travel here to prevent snow blindness.
- There are many nationalities here. When traveling here, we should first learn about the customs and taboos of different nationalities in order to prevent some unintentional actions from offending them.
Places to Visit in February Shangri-La
- Napahai Lake
With a total area of 31.25 square kilometers and an elevation of 3266 meters, the state-designated wetlands area Napahai Nature Reserve is located in Shangri-la city. The natural reserve is flat, surrounded by mountains. The peaks of the distance reflected in the lake. The black-necked crane, yellow duck, bar-headed goose and other large birds circling above the surface of the lake. You can enjoy the happiness of playing with birds and feeding birds.
- Pudacuo National Park
Being one of the most bio-diverse regions in China’s Yunnan Province, Pudacuo National Park is the first national park in Chinese mainland which was announced on June 25, 2007. Pudacuo National Park is suitable for traveling all the year around. Different season has different scenery. In winter, the land will turns into a tranquil white paradise. The mountains dressed in plain clothes, birds flying back and forth will be fully reflected in the lake. The number of black-necked cranes in the park has now reached nearly 50.
- Songzanlin Monastery
It is the largest Tibetan Buddhist temple group in Yunnan province. There are many treasures well preserved in this temple – the mural in the main hall is worth seeing, with a delicate style and still showing its colorful through years, the Tangkas and golden Buddha statues. Winter of Gedan Songzan Lin Temple presents a more magnificent and grand scene. Now this temple welcomes the tourists from China and the whole world here to view its ancient and unique Tibetan cultural relic.
- Dukezong Ancient Town：
Dukezong is a Tibetan town in Shangri-la County, Deqin Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan. As one of the largest and best-preserved Tibetan residence groups in China, it is over thirteen hundred years old, which not only plays an important role in the Old Tea-Horse Road, but also serves as a corridor connecting Chinese and Tibetan language, people, religion and cultures.