Shangri La Bus Station
Shangrila Bus Station introduces bus schedule, bus tickets booking, how, when and where to buy bus tickets, buses timetable to popular attractions and the location, profile, maps, travel tips, layout, facilities and servive, travel guide of Shangrila Bus Station.
Station Name (EN): Shangrila Bus Station
Station Name(CN): 迪庆州香格里拉客运站/Xianggelila Qiche Keyunzhan
Address(EN): NO.195, Gongren Xincun, Shangri-La City, Diqing, Yunnan
Located in the intersection of Tibet, Sichuan and Yunnan, Shangri-La is the “Eden in dream”. Since railway hasn’t been extended to this famous tourist destination in Southwest China, most people would head to visit Shangri La by bus. By taking bus, tourists can get the chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the road.
Located near major tourist attractions, Shangri La Bus Station is a small while very busy station. Buses from Lijiang, Dali, Kunming and etc are all terminates here. Meanwhile, people would have to gather here to catch buses to leave Shangri La.
The bus station is well maintained, clean and comfortable. It has a left luggage office near the waiting room and a traveler service center near the station’s exit. Staffs at the service center are warm hearted and helpful. They can help you to optimize the travel itineraries while offering competitive rate for the travel package which includes scenic spot entrance ticket, car rental and etc. They also provide bus ticket and hotel reservation serivce. On the other hand, Shangri La Bus Station is criticized for illegal drivers seeking to transport passengers using unlicensed cars. While you are alighting the bus at the bus station, these illegal drivers may surround you to peddle their business. Please don’t take any notice of them.
Routes and Schedules
Even though Shangri La Bus Station is small, it has quite many routes which ensures passengers can go to almost all destinations they want to go:
- Baishuitai Terrace, Benzilan, Deqin, Dongwang Town, Haba Snow Mountain, Luoji Town, Pudacuo National Park, Shangjiang Town, Weixi, Wuzhu Village, Yangla Town and Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge in Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture.
- Chuxiong, Dali Ancient Town, Eryuan, Heqing, Jianchuan, Xishuangbanna Jinghong, Kunming, Lanping, Lijiang, Dali Xiaguan and Yongsheng in Yunnan Province.
- Changdu and Lhasa in Tibet Autonomous Region.
- Daocheng and Panzhihua in Sichuan Province
▪ Bus No. 1 which is available from 07:30 to 19:00 runs directly between Dukezong Ancient Town and Shangri La Bus Station. Passenger can take bus No. 1 from Shangri La Bus Station and then change bus No. 3 at Tancheng Square Station to get to Ganden Sumtseling Monastery or Songzanlin Temple.
▪ Shangri La has high altitude, people aged over 65 or those with high blood pressure, lung or heart disease are not advised to visit there.
▪ Carpooling is not a best option, especially you are traveling between Shangri La and Lijiang, Shangri La and Tiger Leaping Gorge. The scheduled legal buses leaving from or terminating at Shangri La Bus Station has high level of safety and low rate.
▪ Passenger can take a taxi to travel between Shangri La Bus Station and Diqing Shangri La Airport. Riding distance is 8 km, riding time is about 15 minutes and rough cost is CNY 30.
- Airlines in Yunnan
- Flights to Yunnan
- Airport Transfer
- International Flights to Yunnan
- Airports in Yunnan
- High-speed Rail in Yunnan
- Railway Stations in Yunnan
- Railways in Yunnan
- Trains to Yunnan
- Trans Asia Railway
- Metro in Yunnan