1 Day Kunming Stone Forest Tour with The Flowers and Birds Market
Kunming, with its perpetual spring-like weather which provides the ideal climate for plants and flowers, is known as the “Spring City” and has attracted many tourists every year. The Stone...
Code of Tour: YET0000004341
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Kunming-Shilin-Kunming
Departure City: Kunming
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Culture Landscape Photograph
Kunming, with its perpetual spring-like weather which provides the ideal climate for plants and flowers, is known as the “Spring City” and has attracted many tourists every year. The Stone Forest or Shilin(石林), located in Shilin Yi Autonomous County, approximately 90 km from the provincial capital Kunming, is one of the main attractions of Kunming tour. After the Stone Forest, you will visit a Yi Ethnic Village-Sibeihou Village which was named as one of the first batch of “characteristic villages of ethnic minority in China” by the State Ethnic Affairs Commission.
- Walk and explore the natural stone masterpieces and intricate formations in the Stone Forest.
- Experience the ethnic culture of Yi minority in Sibeihou Village;
- Visit the most typical Karst landform of South China.
Day 1 Kunming-The Stone Forest-Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities: The Stone Forest
Your guide & driver will pick you up at the hotel lobby in the morning, then depart for Stone Forest which is 86 km from Kunming City and requires 1.5-hours driving. An old local saying says that ‘If you have visited Kunming without seeing the Stone Forest, you have wasted your time.’ Truly, the Stone Forest is one of the most important attractions of Yunnan.
After lunch, visit a Yi minority village named Sibeihou Village (寺背后村), which is 12 km away from the Stone Forest. Then transfer back to your hotel at Kunming downtown. Service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Lunch as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.