4 Days Best XishuangBanna Tropical Forest and Ethnic Minorities Discovery
Xishuangbanna is one of the few places where travelers can enjoy the comfort of nature. It holds China’s fauna and floral species, and is known as natural “kingdom of plants” and...
Code of Tour: YET0000013764
Length of Travel: 4 Day
Destinations of Tour: Jinghong-Menglun-Ganlanba-Jinghong
Departure City: Jinghong
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Culture Minorities Landscape ethnic villages
Xishuangbanna is one of the few places where travelers can enjoy the comfort of nature. It holds China’s fauna and floral species, and is known as natural “kingdom of plants” and “kingdom of animals”. Also, there are more than 13 ethnic groups living on this land, such as Dai, Hani and Yao. All have colorful customs and rich historical traditions. During this tour, we will explore the Tropical Forest, minority villages and discover the folk customs of local people.
- Explore enchanting tropical rain forest to feel the wonder of nature.
- Step into Jinuo Village to feel ethnic minority’s culture and mysterious atmosphere.
- Day 1: Jinghong Arrival
- Day 2: Jinghong – Menglun – Jinghong
- Day 3: Jinghong – Ganlanba – Jinghong
- Day 4: Jinghong Departure
Day 1 Arrive in Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Arrive in Jinghong
Pick you up at Jinghong airport. Meet your local guide, then transfer to hotel.
Day 2 Jinghong – Menglun – Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Jinghong – Menglun – Jinghong
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Visit Menglun Botanical Garden– Menglun tropical botanical garden is the largest tropical botanical garden in China. It was established in 1959 by Chinese famous botanists including Prof. Cai Xitao, who devoted all his life to related scientific research with remarkable achievements. The garden boasts more than 4000 species of tropical plants covering an area of 900 hectares, quite a few of which are rare elsewhere, forming a colorful botanical landscape.
In the afternoon, drive to visit Jinuo Mountain.Visit Jinuo People, who uniquely belongs to this region, is the last ethnic nationality classified by Chinese Government in 1979. See the ancient tea plantations around Jinuo village, which used to be one of Six Great Tea Mountains reputed as the cradles of famous Pu’er Tea, try Wrap-charcoaled Tea and Salad Tea Jinuo people prepare in their traditional way. Back to Jinghong.
Day 3 Jinghong – Ganlanba – Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Jinghong – Ganlanba – Jinghong
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Today, drive to Ganlanba, visit Galanba (Olive Dam) with an elevation of 530 meters above the sea level, a small town where you will see typical Dai bamboo cabins, Dai ethnic villages, Mangting Park, tropical plants and colorful fruits.
Then drive to visit Xishuangbanna Primeval Forest Park. Xishuangbanna Primeval Forest Park, also called Xishuangbanna Virgin Forest Park, is 8 kilometers east of the Jinghong City and north of the Lancang River. Situated in a river valley of 720 to 1,355 meters above sea level, the forest park has an area of 1,700 hectares of which 98％ is covered by trees, and is thus the largest comprehensive ecological place of interest in the prefecture.
Afterwards, visit Dry Dai ethnic village.
Day 4 Departure from Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Departure from Jinghong
Depart from Jinghong. Service ends.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostels|
|Jinghong||Jinhong Qixi Hotel||Jinghong Ninty-Seven Daiyun Theme Hotel||Fanyin Shuyuan Hotel||Jinghong Daixiang Vocational Hotel|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- Situated on the northern edge of the tropical zone, Xishuangbanna area is hot, humid and rainy.
- Don’t forget to take an umbrella or a raincoat when go out.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.