5 Days Shangri-La Discovery with Meili Snow Mountain Pilgrimage
This tour is a summery tour of the Tibet region of Yunnan not only including Shangri-La but also the Meili Snow Mountain. During the 5 days tour, you’ll see the best...
Code of Tour: YET0000003574
Length of Travel: 5 Day
Destinations of Tour: Shangrila-Benzilan-Feilaisi-Shangri-La
Departure City: Shangri-La
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Sunrise Sunset Landscape Mountains
This tour is a summery tour of the Tibet region of Yunnan not only including Shangri-La but also the Meili Snow Mountain. During the 5 days tour, you’ll see the best of Shangri-La, get to the sacred Meili Snow Mountain, catch the rare opportunity to watch the beautiful sunrise at Feilai Temple, trek along the fantastic rails to view the Mingyong Glaciers.
- Step into Ganden Sumtseling Monastery to experience dignified aesthetic implication of Buddhism.
- Breathe in a primitive national park as well as the first national park in China – Pudacuo National Park.
- Meet the beautiful sunrise of Meili Snow Mountain.
- Day 1: Shangri-La Arrival
- Day 2: Shangri-La
- Day 3: ShangriLa-Benzilan-Feilaisi
- Day 4: Feilaisi-Mingyong-Shangri-La
- Day 5: Shangri-La Dearture
Day 1 Arrive in Shangri-La
Sightseeing and Activities:Arrive in Shangri-La
Arrive in Shangri-La, after meeting with your guide at airport, transfer to hotel for check in.
Day 2 Shangri-La
Sightseeing and Activities:Ganden Sumtseling Monastery, Pudacuo National Park, Dukezong Tibetan Ancient Town, Guishan Hill, Prayer Wheel
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
In the morning, visit the Ganden Sumtseling Monastery, the largest Tibetan monastery in Yunnan. Songzanlin Monastery has another alias – ‘the little Potala Palace ‘, so named because the whole monastery is in the traditional style with mysterious atmosphere. And afterwards you’ll visit the tranquil Bita Lake & Shudu Lake in Pudacuo National Park is located in one of the most biologically-diverse regions of the world. While the region comprises only 0.7 percent of China’s land area, it contains more than 20 percent of the country’s plant species, about one-third of its mammal and bird species and almost 100 endangered species.
Visit Dukezong Tibetan Ancient Town in the late afternoon, climb up to the top of Guishan Hill or tortoise Hill, you will see the largest Prayer Wheel of the world and have a panoramic view of shangrila county and Dukezong Ancient Town.
Day 3 Shangri-La – Benzilan – Feilaisi
Sightseeing and Activities:the first bend of Jinsha(Yangtze) River, Dongzhulin monastery, Baima (white horse) Snow Mountain
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
In the morning, drive 4 to 5 hours to Deqin County(3400m altitude) which is 187km away
from Zhongdian through Baimang Snow Mountain Nature Reserve. You will be able to view Baimang Snow Mountain if the weather is clear, pass the top part of today at 4292m altitude at 156km.
After traversing mountain ranges, you will make a short stop and have lunch at Benzilan town, take some shots on the first bend of Jinsha(Yangtze) River, Dongzhulin monastery and view of Baima (white horse) Snow Mountain. The view along the way is fantastic with different kinds of trees, streams down the valley, prayer flags and stupas, and Tibetan villages.
Arrive in Feilaisi in the late afternoon, you will have a nice sunset view of Meili Snow Mountain from the Sightseeing Platform. Stay at Feilaisi for overnight.
Day 4 Feilaisi – Mingyong – Shangri-La
Sightseeing and Activities:Mingyong Glacier
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Early in the morning , we could enjoy the golden mountain, on top of which the sunrise touches its snow capped peak if weather permitting. Then tour Mingyong Glacier in Mingyong Village, then you will transfer back to Shangri-La (4-5hrs ). Upon arrival, check in our hotel.
Day 5 Departure from Shangri-La
Sightseeing and Activities:Departure from Shangri-La
Free at leisure before be picked up from lobby of hotel, transfer to Shangri-La airport for the departure flight. Service ends.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostels|
|Shangri-La||Blossom Hill Inn Shangri-La||Shangri-La Old Town Hotel||Bodhi Boutique Inn||Hanting Hotel|
|Feilaisi||Guanjing Tiantang Hotel||Deqin County Temple Pearl Hotel||Deqin County Temple Pearl Hotel||Deqin Yunling Inn|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- Situated on the northern edge of the tropical zone, Xishuangbanna area is hot, humid and rainy.
- Don’t forget to take an umbrella or a raincoat when go out.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.