2 Days Lijiang Lugu Lake Tour and Matriarchal Society Discovery
Lugu Lake is a lake with different shades of color, such as turquoise blue, sapphire blue, white-gray, etc. It’s an amazing lake with beautiful sceneries. Around the lake, inhabited...
Code of Tour: YET0000028466
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Lijiang-Ninglang Town-Lugu Lake-Yongning Town-Lijiang
Departure City: Lijiang
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Culture Minorities Sunset
Lugu Lake is a lake with different shades of color, such as turquoise blue, sapphire blue, white-gray, etc. It’s an amazing lake with beautiful sceneries. Around the lake, inhabited a mysterious ethnic minority people—Mosuo people which is the last tribe of Chinese matriarchal society. The tour from Lijiang to Lugu Lake will give you an unforgettable experience of your life time
- Explore unique Ethnic culture and get amazed by Mosuo people in Mosuo Culture Museum.
- Enchanted by the charm and breathtaking scenery of Lugu lake.
- Be indulged in mysterious Tibetan Buddhism of Shangri-La – the unspoiled earthly paradise.
- Day 1: Lijiang Arrival
- Day 2: Lugu Lake-Ninglang County
Day 1 Lijiang-Ninglang County -Lugu Lake
Sightseeing and Activities::the upper Yangtze Grand Canon,Yi Ethnic Villages, Liwubi Island of Luguhu Lake, Mosuo Culture Museum
Accommodation: Lugu Lake
Meals: Lunch and Dinner
In the morning, drive 4-5 hours on the spectacle mountain road to visit the mysterious Lugu Lake. On the way, enjoy the beautiful view among the huge mountains and rivers. We plan to start your walking from Jin’anqiao Bridge to Shudi along the road at the bank of Yangtze River. You will see the beautiful canon and Yi ethnic people’s villages in the steep mountains. After 1 hour walking in the canon, we will continue the driving and we can stop in many Yi villages.
In the late afternoon, you will take the canoes to visit Liwubi Island in Lugu Lake. Pay a visit to Mosuo Culture Museum and learn the Mosuo ethnic custom in the museum. Enjoy the sunset wonder of Luguhu Lake in Luoshui Village. In the evening, take part in Mosuo Bonfire Party with ethnic dance and singing performance.You will dance and sing with Mosuo boys and girls around a big bonfire in the outdoors theatre.
Day 2 Lugu Lake-Yongning Town-Ninglang County-Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities:Zhamei Monastery, Mosuo Ethnic Market in Yongning, Mosuo Ethnic Home-made,Pumi and Yi Ethnic Villages
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
In the morning, you will drive about 20Km to visit the Zhamei Lamaist Monastery which is the biggest lamasery in Moso area Yongning Town. Tibetan people call Yongning as “taluo”, meaning “the way to heaven”. The place the Zhamei Lamasery lies in is called “Zhameige”, which means “no war”. The coincidence of these two names make the Lamasery even famous in Tibet.
Yongning Town is an important town of the Ancient Tea-Horse Trade Caravan from Yunnan to Tibet. Located between Yunnan and Sichuan, Yongning keeps the original ethnic life which is still not damaged by tourists. You will visit Mosuo Market in Yongning Town. We will arrange a Mosuo family to visit and have lunch in Mosuo family, enjoy the Mosuo real life in a village.
Afternoon, drive back to Lijiang. On the way toNinglang Town, where you will stop to visit a Pumi Ethnic Village and Pumi Family.The ancestors of Pumi were a nomadic tribe living in the southern part of Gansu Province and the eastern part of Qinghai Province. Later, their descendants moved south to warmer areas along the Hengduan Mountain Range. After the 13th century, the Pumi ethnic group gradually settled down in Ninglang, Lijiang, Weixi and Lanping counties.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostels|
|Lugu Lake||Yinhudao Hotel||Shilili Hotel||Lugu Manor||Yigou Life Hotel|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- Situated on the northern edge of the tropical zone, Xishuangbanna area is hot, humid and rainy.
- Do not forget to take an umbrella or a raincoat when go out.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.