This trip was a bicycle one, my favorite kind. The origin, Lijiang (丽江), and destination, Lugu Lake (泸沽湖), were both places I’ve been before. The route I’d take between them, however, was through uncharted territory.
The first several days of this trip would be spent on the mountain range which forces the Yangtze River, or Jinsha River (金沙江) as it’s known locally, north before it makes a great bend southward and continues on its course to the Pacific Ocean.
- Experience the Tea Horse Trade Caravan including Shaxi Old Town, Dali Old Town, Lijiang Old Town, etc
- Enjoy hot spring in Eryuan;
- Step into ethnic villages to meet colorful and mysterious ethnic cultures.
- Day 1: Arrive in Lijiang
- Day 2:Lijiang-Qiaotou Town (81KM)
- Day 3: Qiaotou Town-Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge-Daju(40KM)
- Day 4: Daju-Mingyin-Baoshan Stone Village (60KM)
- Day 5: Baoshan Stone Village-Jinsha River Cruise-Labo-Zhuangzi(Labo-Zhuangzi 33KM)
- Day 6: Zhuangzi-Yongning-Lugu Lake (60KM)
- Day 7: Lugu Lake round Cylcing Trip (51KM)
- Day 8 Lugu Lake-Ninglang County (66KM)
- Day 9 Ninglang County-Shudi Village (81KM)-Lijiang
- Day 10 Departure from Lijiang
Arrive in Lijiang.
You will be free to explore the old towns in lijiang including Dayan Old Town, Shuhe Old Town and Baisha Old Town.