Changsheng Village in Tiger Leaping Gorge
English Name: Changsheng Village
Chinese Pinying: Chang Sheng Village
Location: Changsheng Village, Tiger Leaping Gorge Town, Shangrila City, Diqing
Keywords: Tiger Leaping Gorge, Village
Changsheng Village is located in the Northeast of Tiger Leaping Gorge Town, Shangri-La, consisted of Nuoyu Village, Bendiwan Village and Yachaguo Village, etc. Changsheng Village is the start point of Tiger Leaping Gorge hiking. Going through the ticket office of Tiger Leaping Gorge in Shangri-La, then it is Changsheng Primary School where there are thousands of hikers gathering and the main inhabitants are Naxi people. It’s the first village of Tiger Leaping Gorge hiking and all villages of Tiger Leaping Gorge are affiliated with Changsheng Village maintaining the traditional folk culture.
How to get to the Changsheng Village
For no direct bus to the Changsheng Village, travellers can take a bus departing from Lijiang to Qiaotou Town(桥头镇) or Shangri-La and get off at Qihong bridge(霁虹桥), then rent a car heading to the tourist area in Tiger Leaping Gorge for 10 miles. The fee is usually around 60RMB.
The fee of 100-mile drive from Lijiang City to the Changsheng Village is about 300-500RMB. You’d better renting a 7-seat van above 3 people and its fee is same as cab’s. Travellers can visit the Tiger Leaping Gorge by yourselves after getting there in two hours and the driver is waiting for you at the park lot.
For many bike enthusiasts, riding a bike from Lijiang to the park pot in the Tiger Leaping Gorge would be a good option. You can stay at locals’ home for the night and catch the view of the upper section in Lijiang on the second day, then back to the Tiger Leaping Gorge Town and move towards the upper section in Shangri-La or the Middle Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge.
Best time to travel Tiger Leaping Gorge
Between April and June in the late spring and early summer and the autumn time during September to October is the best time to travel. During these two periods it is suitable to go hiking on the Tiger Leaping Gorge, also can see the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain scenery. The late spring and early summer the temperature is moderate, flowers on the meadow blooming like a piece of brocade which is charming.
After about 20 days of Mid-Autumn Festival, the plateau is autumn secnery which is the most wonderful time of Diqing plateau.
From June to September is the rainy season of Diqing plateau, although the scenery is beautiful, but not suitable to travel.
After October the temperature is very low, if one wants to visit need to bring enough warm clothes.
Tiger Leaping Gorge even in August is also likely to fall a few snowflakes, and day and night temperature difference is very big, there is a saying that “there are four seasons in a day”, so every season need to pay attention to keep out the cold.
Recommended Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking Routes
|Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking Routes||Time|
|• Lijiang – Qiaotou – High Trail – Middle Tiger Leaping Stone – Ferry – Daju – Yulong Snow Mountain (Maoniuping) – Lijiang||3-4 Days|
|• Lijiang – Qiaotou – High Trail – Middle Tiger Leaping Stone / Upper Tiger Leaping Stone – Qiaotou – Lijiang / Zhongdian||2 Days|
|• Lijiang – Qiaotou – High Trail – Middle Tiger Leaping Stone – Baishuitai , Haba Village – Zhongdian||3-4 Days|
- The average altitude of the upper section of Tiger Leaping Gorge is nearly 1800m. Take a frequent rest in case of altitude stress.
- It’s rainy season from July to September, Please pay attention to some clasticrock rolling down from the mountain and don’t get too close to the river with water surging.
- It’s dry season from December to February, strong wind or flocks of sheep may bring about the clasticrock. Get perpared before hiking.
1. It usually hot in day time, you can bring shorts and T-shirt. As hiking will consume lots of physical strength, you could take some high calorie food such as chocolate, malted milk, sliced dried beef and so on.
2. When you hiking to the Shenzhou Waterfall located between Walnut Garden and Zhongxia Hotel, you must be very carefull, as it may fall stone with the waterfall which is very dangerous.
3. Each year from June to September is the rainy season of the Diqing Plateau. You’d better avoid this period as it may occurs debris flow and mountain rock fall.
4. Located at the high altitude area, surrounded by Hengduan Montains, the climmate in Tiger Leaping Gorge is complicate and changable. The temperature difference between day and night is big. Take think coat, down jacket, gloves, anti-skidding boots with you.
What to Eat in Tiger Leaping Gorge
All of the guesthouses provide local food and simple western food because it has been a long history of Tiger Leaping Gorge hiking for international tourists.These tourists taught local people how to cook western food with local food.So it is very convenient to enjoy very nice food along the Tiger Leaping Gorge.