9 Days Yunnan Highlights Education Tour
This 9-day tour will take you to visit the fabulous natural sceneries, as well as the diverse ethnic cultures and profound history of Yunnan. Also, we will meet several...
Code of Tour: YET0000009375
Length of Travel: 9 Day
Destinations of Tour: Kunming-Shilin-Kunming-Lijiang
Departure City: Kunming
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Minorities Education ethnic villages
This 9-day tour will take you to visit the fabulous natural sceneries, as well as the diverse ethnic cultures and profound history of Yunnan. Also, we will meet several local schools to do some interesting activities with them. You will have a chance to know about the local students’ study life by taking classes, playing games and having meals with them, etc. Besides, we will go for some local ethnic villages to experience their daily lives and it will be meaningful and helpful for students to do voluntary work at a poor village.
- Appreciate the fabulous Yunnan natural sceneries, including the world natural heritage-the Stone Forest.
- Explore diverse Yunnan ethnic cultures both in Yunnan Nationalities Villages and local minority villages, get close contact with local natives.
- Visit sevaral local schools, take part in their classes and school activities such as friendship basketball match, get well along with local friends.
- Day 1: Kunming Arrival
- Day 2: Kunming
- Day 3: Kunming-the Stone Forest
- Day 4: Shilin County-Kunming
- Day 5: Kunming
- Day 6: Kunming-Lijiang
- Day 7: Lijiang-Baisha Village
- Day 8: Lijiang-boduolou
- Day 9: Lijiang Departure
Day 1 Kunming Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities:Kunming Arrival
Pick you up from Kunming airport. Transfer to hotel.
Day 2 Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities:Local School, Western Hills, ‘Dynamic Yunnan Show’
Meals: B, L, D
Transfer to Kunming local school and take the activities in the school.
Then move on to visit Western Hills.
Dinner to try the local famous crossing bridge rice noodle.
Transfer to the theater and enjoy the Dynamic Yunnan show.
Day 3 Kunming-Nuohei Village-Shilin
Sightseeing and Activities: Nuohei Village
Meals: B, L, D
- 07:30-08:00 Get up
- 08:00-08:30 Have breakfast at hotel;
- 08:30-10:00: Drive to the Nuohei Village;
- 10:00-10:30: Upon arrival, welcome ceremony by the local Yi people
- have a discussion meeting with the local villagers to know about the history of this village, the traditional culture of the Yi people, the daily life status of the local villagers;
- have a visit of the stone tiles-roof house of Yi People and the local Farm museum in the village;
- 12:30-13:30: Have the special Yi style lunch
- 13:30-15:00: Help the local people to do the farm work such as how to ferment the fertilize for sowing, dinning, and how to planting tobacco or corn.
- 15:00-15:30: Enjoy the performance “Drilling wood to make fire”
- 15:30-18:00: Culture exchange
- learn how to play “Dasanxun”
- learn the “Sanni embroidery”
- 18:00-19:00: Enjoy the long street banquet dinner with the local people
- 19:30-21:00: Participate in the bonfire party, dancing around the camp fire with the local people
- 21:00-21:30: Transfer to Shilin country for overnight
Day 4 Shilin-Bajiang Middle School- Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities: Bajiang Middle School, Stone Forest Park
- 07:30-08:00 Get up
- 08:00-08:30 Have breakfast at hotel;
- 08:30-09:30 Drive to Bajiang Middle School of Stone Forest country
- 09:30-10:00 After the simple welcoming ceremony of Bajing Middle school, then have a visiting of school building to know about the local daily school life under the accompanied with the Baijiang middle school student representatives
- 10:00-11:00 Class exchange to have 2 classes in the School Auditorium:
- the Bajiang middle school : the local nationality teacher will teach a class about the local language and culture
- World Youth Academy: the teacher or students from World Youth Academy have a class for the local student representatives (the theme of class will be arranged by World Youth Academy )
- 11:00-12:00The representatives of 2 schools will have a friendship basketball match
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch at dining room of the school
- 13:00-13:30 Transfer to Stone forest park
- 14:00-16:00 Have the tour to the Stone Forest Park
- 16:00-17:30 transfer back to Kunming downtown
- 18:00-19:00 dinner at restaurant
- 19:00-19:30 transfer back to check in hotel in Kunming
Day 5 Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities:Yunnan Nationalists Village, the ‘Mission Impossible’ Game
09:00-11:30 Move to visit Yunnan Nationalists Village for the “ Mission Impossible” Game
Remark: the whole group formed into 5 teams (6 persons in one team ) to finish 5 tasks within 2.5hours ) Each team will get a mission card once finish the mission, the team who finish all 5 tasks in the shortest time is the winner of the game.
1 ) Find a local person –Mr. Wang in the main square
A local person in the photo wandering in the street waiting for you to find him out! The time limited for this task is 20 minutes and the watchword for you to find this right person is “Q：Are you Mr. Wang ? A：Enjoy the journey!”. A team photo with this person is required after the task.
2) Naxi village: Interpret words in hieroglyphic
Nanxi people has its own ancient characters originated from hieroglyphic. Can you understand this words in hieroglyphic? Please complete your interpretation of this sentence from hieroglyphic into Chinese. Please take a team photo of a pose with ancient characters.
3) Lahu village: Learn Cross-bow shooting
To learn cross-bow shooting at Lahu Village. Task of this village is that each team need 3 students to shoot the red bull’s eye.
4) Yi village: Looking for Yi Totem— Tiger element
Tiger is the totem of Yi people, please find and take picture with the 3 difference image of Tiger in the village and show the picture to the staff to get the mission card.
5) Wa village — to play peg-top in Wa village
To learn play peg-top and keep the top running 2 minutes to finish the task.
- 11:30-12:30 Transfer to local restaurant
- 12:30-14:30 Learn Yunnan ethnic culture in Yunnan Nationalities Museum
- 14:30-17:30 Cooking Class in Yunnan Cooking School in Anning City.
- 17:30-18:30 Enjoy the dinner in Yunnan Cooking School
- 18:30- 19:30 Winning awarding ceremony in Yunnan Cooking School
- 19:30 Transfer back to Kunming.
Day 6 Kunming-Lijiang by Flight
Sightseeing and Activities:Baisha Old Town, Baisha Murals
Accommodation:Baisha Holiday Resort
Take a morning flight to Lijiang. Arrive at Lijiang airport, pick up by our English speaking tour guide and transfer to hotel. Visit Baisha Old Town and Baisha Murals. Tonight, have a welcome dinner and Bonfire Party with local Naxi people in Baisha Holiday Resort for your coming to Yunnan.
Day 7 Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities:A Middle School in Baisha Village
Accommodation: Baisha Holiday Resort
Visit a middle school in Baisha Village. 1 Day interact with local students, divide into groups to play games and study local language with local students. In the evening, you will make barbecue and enjoy your dinner in Baisha Holiday Resort.
Day 8 Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities:Boduoluo Village, Yi Monority Village
Drive to Boduoluo Village. Today, visit this local Yi Minority Village. Then herd sheep, help poor family to look for firewood in the mountain, dig Chinese herbal medicine and dig potatoes. After that, spend 1 hour to teach the local people to speak English. Enjoy home stay in this village.
Day 9 Lijiang Departure
Sightseeing and Activities:Lijiang Departure
Drive from Boduoluo Village to Lijiang City. Then take an afternoon flight to Ljiang airport.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostels|
|Kunming||Sofitel Hotel||Jingjiang Hotel||Long Teng Hotel||Tu Tu Inn|
|Shilin||Days Hotel & Suites Tongce Shilin||Bosheng Sloane Place||/||Yimei Hotel|
|Baisha||Solo Wandering Snow Mountain Manor||Prajna Homestay||Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang||Zhuzhu Zaijia Inn|
|Lijiang||InterContinental Lijiang Ancient Town Resort||E-outfitting Boutique Hotel||Liwang Hotel||Flowers Hall Inn|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Flight Tickets from Kunming to Lijiang;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.