3 Days Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Speed Train Tour from Kunming
This is a new experience of high speed train tour of Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces. Take the speed train from Kunming to Yuanjiang County along the China-Laos Railway.Yuanyang is well-known...
Code of Tour: YET0000059699
Length of Travel: 3 Day
Destinations of Tour: Kunming-Yuanjiang-Honghe County-Yuanyang County-Yuanyang Rice Terraces-Yuanjiang-Kunming
Departure City: Kunming
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: High speed train tours Photograph tours villages tours Winter tours
This is a new experience of high speed train tour of Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces. Take the speed train from Kunming to Yuanjiang County along the China-Laos Railway.Yuanyang is well-known for rice terraces and is a very good place for photographers to shoot natural large-scale terraces, sunrise, sunset and clouds sea. For this tour, it could be a Yunnan winter tour or Yunnan spring tour. The best time for this Yuanyang photography tour is from November to March of next year. For the high cost of a private tour, we organize this Yunayang group tour for budget tourists. The group tour is a chance for all tourists who want to share the joys and exchange photography experience with others.
- Record fantistic and amazing pictures of the idyllic large-scale terraces, sunrise and sunset and clouds sea of Yuanyang by photographing.
- Experience Yuanyang ethni culture and life styles.
- Day 1 Kunming-Yuanjiang-Yuanyang
- Day 2 Yuanyang
- Day 3 Yuanyang-Yuanjiang-Kunming
Day 1 Kunming-Yuanjiang-Yuanyang
Sightseeing and Activities: ethnic villages, sunset of Laohuizui Rice Terraces, Terraced Fields of Laohuzui
Train Schedule: Kunming-Yuanjiang C301 07:55-09:24
Take speed train from Kunming Railway Station to Yuanjiang Railway Station in the morning (C301 07:55-09:24). Meet your local guide and driver in Yuanjiang County.
Yuanjiang Hani, Yi and Dai Autonomous County (元江县) is a county of south-central Yunnan province, People’s Republic of China. The county seat is the town of Lijiang (澧江镇), while the county itself is under the administration of Yuxi City. It derives its name from the Red River (Asia), which is known as the Yuan River in Yunnan, and is an important provincial crossroads for access to Southeast Asia.
Continue the trip along Honghe (Red) River Valley, we visit The First Bend of Honghe River (Red River). You will arrive at Yuanyang in the afternoon. Visit the ethnic villages in Yuanyang and enjoy the sight of terraced fields of Laohuzui (Tiger Mouth) at sunset.
Yuanyang is about 300km south of Kunming, renowned for its rice terraces, which claim as the world’s largest and most spectacular one, crafted out by bare hands by the Hani people one thousand years ago and is still in use today. The rice farmers have had to practice ecology and land preservation centuries before those concepts were widely accepted around the world. Without hard work maintaining the terrace walls and irrigation system, the precious top soil would wash down the hillsides into the rivers.
Yuanyang Rice Terrace is a self sustaining ecosystem. During winter to early spring, the entire field is irrigated with spring water from the forest above to rejuvenate and getting prepared for the next season. The Hani people have repeated this for more than a thousand years. There is only one harvest in a year for the Yuanyang Rice Terrace; planting is from March to Oct./Nov. every year.
Day 2 Yuanyang
Sightseeing and Activities:Duoyishu Rice Terrace Fields, Qingkou Village, Bada Hani Rice Terrace, local ethnic market, Longshuba Rice Terraces
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Get up every early in the morning,you’ll drive 30KM to visit Doyishu Village and enjoy the sunrise of Duoyishu Rice Terrace Fields when the sun appears above the eastern horizon. The terraced fields are ring upon ring and cascade one by one. They go along the hillside up to the sky. You will see the scenery of the terraced fields from the top of the mountains to the bottom. They are all farms under the sunshine and cloud and mist. The landscape is spectacular.
And then, you will visit Qingkou Village and rice terraces where Hani people for generations inhabit. Visit Bada Hani Rice Terrace and local ethnic market as well. You will enjoy the sunset of Longshuba Rice Terraces in the late afternoon about 5KM away from Xinjie Town.
Day 3 Yuanyang-Yuanjiang-Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities: sunrise of Yuanyang Rice Terrace, local market and villages, take photos
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Train Schedule: Yuanjiang-Kunming C313 15:18-16:47
Enjoy the sunrise of Yuanyang Rice Terrace, take photos as you like. Visit the local market and villages nearby. After lunch enjoy your free time in Yuanyang. You can trek around the terraces.
Transfer to Yuanjiang Railway Station and take the speed train back to Kunming(C313 15:18-16:47).
After arriving in Kunming, finish the tour of Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostel|
|Yuanyang||/||Yunti Shengcun Hotel||Flower Residence Inn||/|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations as listed in the itinerary;
- Sharing English-speaking tour guide;
- Sharing vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Accommodations not listed in the itinerary;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.
- With subtropical monsoon climate, Yuanyang owns a mild weather, having an average annual temperature around 15 °C, and 1670 hours annual sunlight. It has abundant rainfall with average annual rainfall of 1397.6mm, and relative humidity of 85% throughout the year, fog period of 174-180 days. It’s available to visit Yuanyang Rice Terraces all year round. If you want to catch the most beautiful terraces scenery, November to next April is the best time to visit Yuanyang.
- Although there is no distinctive difference of seasons, the daily temperature can be varied from 32 °C to -2.6 °C, so you’d better check the specific weather condition before you tour Yuanyang.
Travel and Tours Packages of Honghe and Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces
1 Day Yuanyang Bada Hani Rice Terraces Hiking Tour
1 Day Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Cycling Tour
1 Day Yuanyang Duoyishu Hani Rice Terraces Hiking Tour with Hani,Yi Ethnic Villages and Mushroom Houses
1 Day Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Hiking Tour from Duoyishu to Laohuzui
1 Day Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Tour
2 Days Kunming-Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Tour at a glance
3 Days Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Tour from Kunming
3 Days Kunming, Jianshui and Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Group Tour
4 Days Long Street Banquet Festival and Yuanyang Rice Terraces Photography Tour
6 Days Kunming Jianshui Yuanyang Photography Tour
6 Days Kunming Shadian Muslim Tour with Yuanyang Rice Terraces and Jianshui Old Town
7 Days Yuanyang Rice Terraces Photo Tour with Tea Culture Experience
8 Days South Yunnan Ethnic Minority Discovery and Tropical Forest Photograph Tour
8 Days Deluxe Kunming, Shilin, Mile Jianshui Photo Tour with Yuanyang Rice Terraces and Fuxianhu Lake
8 Days Yunnan Photography Tour to Kunming-Dongchuan-Shilin-Jianshui and Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces
10 Days South Yunnan Ethnic Minority and Tropical Rain-forest Photography Tour with China Border Culture
10 Days Southeast Yunnan Family Tour with Ethnic Culture, Rice Terraces, Mushroom House & Butterfly Valley
11 Days Yunnan Classic Tour with Jianshui Old Town and Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces
11 Days Yunnan Photograph Tour with Luoping Rapeseed Flowers Festival and Honghe Hani Rice Terraces Field
11 Days China-Vietnam Overland Tour from Kunming to Hanoi
26 Days Grand Yunnan Ethnic Minority Discovery