Twin Pagodas of Dade Temple in Kunming
Located inside the Tanhua Temple which was first constructed in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and got named due to a 300-year-old magnolia tree, the pagoda is a 7-storeyed tower which can be ascended and from where one can have a birds-eye view of the city.
Add: Tanhua Temple, Tanhua Road (just outside the eastern 2nd ring road)
Kunming Twin Pagodas of Dade Temple travel guide introduces the main attractions, entrance tickets booking, The best time to visit, How to Get there, the highlights, facts, history, photos, weather, accommodation, visiting routes, travel tips, tour maps of Twin Pagodas of Dade Temple in Kunming(昆明大德寺双塔).
Dade Temple is located in Kunming, Kunming, five-Dade Temple Mountain over the mountains east of the ancestors, this level governance Street Dade Temple. 1983 by the Kunming Municipal People’s Government, as the city-level key cultural relics protection units, which with the East and West Temple, is a symbol of the ancient civilization of Kunming.
Fully integrated twin towers built in the Ming Temple in Kunming Dade thirteen years, shape imitation Xi’an Pagodas, located between Dade Temple Jieyin Dian and the Main Hall, the two towers 21 meters high, covering a distance of 27 meters, are a solid side Miyan towers, each tower has four shrines dedicated to Buddha, and embedded tablets.
As part of the Dade Temple which doesn’t exist anymore today, the two pagodas were built in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) as a copy of the Wild Geese Pagodas in Xi’an. Both 21 metres high, the dense-eaved pagodas are set up with niches on each storey to enshrine the Buddha. Surviving the vicissitudes of history, they have witnessed the development of Kunming. In 1983, the two pagodas were listed as the key cultural relics of Kunming.
Add: Huashandong Road, Kunming downtown
First built in the Yuan Dynasty (1279-1368), it is a Tibetan style Buddhist pagoda and historically symbolises the cultural exchange between the Tibetans and Han people. The original pagoda was named after the Wanqing Temple which was demolished in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). Due to its colour, it has been called the White Pagoda and Kunming has named the road beside it Baita Road (White Pagoda Road).
Add: Baita Road next to Zhenqing Taoist Temple