Impression Lijiang Show
Impression Lijiang Show by Zhang Yimou is located in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, we provide entrance tickets booking and tour guide service of Impression Lijiang, transportation between theatre in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and the hotel in Lijiang Ancient Town.
● Chinese Name: 印象丽江
● Keywords: outdoor performance,Jade Dragon Snow Mountain,ethic groups,folk songs and dances
● Location: Ganhaizi Meadow,Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Scenic Area,Lijiang, Yunnan,China
● Admission Fee: 280 RMB for adult ticket(standard-seat), 346RMB for adults(VIP-seat)
● Director: Zhangyimou,Wangchaoge,Fanyue
● Performing Duration: 1 hour
● Permorchance:9:00,11:30 or 1pm(note: time will depend on daily number of visitors)
‣ Introduction of Impression Lijiang Show
Impression Lijiang is a cultural show which demonstrates the traditions and lifestyle of local Naxi, Yi and Bai ethnics of the area. It is the second outdoor production (after Impression Liu Sanjie in Yangshuo, Guilin) of famous Chinese film director Zhang Yimou, who co-directed the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008. The open-air performance takes place inside Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Park at 3500 meters in an outdoor theater specifically designed to showcase the mountain which is used as a breath-taking backdrop.
As an outdoor performance in full daylight, Impression Lijiang which Zhang Yimou has spent two years for the preparation was innovatively staged in the morning. The show is divided into two parts, “Snow Mountain Impression” and “Ancient City Impression”, the production, which has cost 31 million U.S. dollars to make, is staged at the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and Dayan Ancient Town, two famous scenic spots in Lijiang, a scenic city in southwestern China. Aiming to provide an insight into the lives of the region’s ethnic groups, all the songs and dances that includes within the show are largely portray the daily life of the local people. Around 500 local people from 10 ethnic groups have been selected from 16 towns and villages in Lijiang of Yunnan Province to perform daily folk songs, dances and rituals for tourists, which include folk songs, dances as well as rituals for tourists.
‣Content of Impression Lijiang
● The Impression Snow Mountain is played to describe a dialogue between human and mountain, expressing the close relationship between human and nature.
● The Impression Ancient Town is played as a dialogue between human and their ancestors, showing that there is always a divine kingdom deep down in people’s heart from the ancient times. The Impression Snow is played with the snow mountain as background, combining the wonderful natural scenery and colorful folklore culture to display the life’s reality and shock at the highest stage in the world with 3100 meter above the sea level high.
‣A brief introduction of Chief Director-Zhangyimou
Zhang Yimou, the director of “Impression Lijiang”, is noted for his films such as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon starred by Chow Yun-fat (Zhou Runfa). As a matter of fact, he also has directed cultural shows entitled with “Impressions” including “Impression Ms. Liu Sanjie” (in Guilin), “Impression of West Lake” (in Hangzhou) and “Impression Lijiang” (Lijiang). Different from indoor and evening performances that use lighting a lot to burnish and enrich the stage, “Impression Lijiang” draws much of the audiences’ attention back to primitiveness of nature. It is suggested that you watch the show when visiting the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
‣ Attraction Transportation
You can take minibus No.7 from Red Sun Square,or take taxi to watch the show at Ganhaizi Mewdow.
● The show may be cancelled if there is very heavy rain in the rainy season from June to August, or you need to wear a raincoat prepared by Impression Lijiang to enjoy the show if it is rainy.
● The show is on during daytime outdoors at a high altitude, so it is recommended to wear sun protection such as sun block and hats.
● The entire show is in mandarin, but there are English subtitles. You are suggested to understand a bit of the history and culture of the region to better appreciate the performance.
● Any price listed on this webpage is only for reference; the actual charge is subject to the official box office.
● It can be arranged after your tour to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
● Please avoid the time from 21 Dec-31th Dec,as the performers will have 10-day holiday during the time every year.