6 Days XishuangBanna Tea Culture and Ethnic Villages Hiking Tour from Bada to Xiding
Visit one of the most famous tea plantations in Xishuangbanna-Zhanglang-a thousand years of ancient village where Bulang Minority people live. The most attractive and impressive thing is to visit...
Code of Tour: YET0000008221
Length of Travel: 6 Day
Destinations of Tour: Jinghong-Menghai-Nannuoshan-Bada-Xiding-Jinghong
Departure City: Jinghong
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Hiking Minorities Tea ethnic villages
Visit one of the most famous tea plantations in Xishuangbanna-Zhanglang-a thousand years of ancient village where Bulang Minority people live. The most attractive and impressive thing is to visit tea plantations. The rich ethnic culture and beautiful scenery there attract many toursists and backpackers to come each year. Do some hiking in tropical forests and ethnic villages, taste local food and drink tea. Stay with local people and sleep in their guesthouse.
- Hike through tropical forest to visit ethnic villages of Bulang and Hani.
- Get very close to ethnic minorities – overnight in local guesthouse.
- Meet charming natural sceneries, rare plants and animals during your hike.
- Enjoy leisure time in local ethnic market.
- Day 1: Jinghong Arrival
- Day 2: Jinghong – Menghai – Manwa Village
- Day 3: Manwa Village – Zhanglang Village
- Day 4: Zhanglang Village – Xiding Town
- Day 5: Xiding – Menghai – Jinghong
- Day 6: Jinghong Departure
Day 1 Arrive in Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Arrive in Jinghong
Arrive in Jinghong. Meet your local guide and driver. Transfer to hotel for checking in.
Day 2 Jinghong-Menghai-Bada-Manwa Village
Sightseeing and Activities:Bada Hiking
Pick you up at 8:00 am. Drive to Menghai County. Start hiking from Bada. Most parts of the roads are downhills paths. Hike about 7 km to a Bulang minority village-Manwa Village. On the way to Manwa Village, you can see tropical forests and mountains of Myanmar. Visit Manwa village and stay overnight here.
Day 3 Manwa Village-Zhanglang Village
Sightseeing and Activities:Tropacal Forest Hiking
Get up at 7:00 am. Start your hiking today by passing through tropical forests first. Then climb over two big mountains and across a river to reach Zhanglang Village in the evening. You will see “One Tree One Forest” scenery during the hiking tour. The total hiking distance is about 18 km. Upon arrival, taste local ethnic dinner, enjoy Bulang music and visit ethnic families.
Day 4 Zhanglang Village-Xiding Town
Sightseeing and Activities:Bulang Eco Museum, Tea Gardens, Hiking to Xiding
This morning, visit Bulang Eco Museum. Then cross though some tropical forests to ancient Puer tea gardens. Visit an ancient well, some Bulang ethnic villages and Hani ethnic villages. If you want, you could pay a visit to a local family and have a cup of tea in the family for a short rest. Go on your hiking to Xiding. You could see sugarcane fields and rice terraces along the way. The tocal hiking distance is about 16 km.
Stay overnight at Xiding Town.
Day 5 Xiding Town-Menghai-Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Local Ethnic Market, Jingzhen Octagonal Pavillion
Set off at 8:30 am. Visit local ethnic market( Usually on Thursday). Different ethnic people (such as Dai, Wa, Bulang, and Hani) from the regions around will bring their goods for sale. Even some people from Myanmar will come here for business and for shopping. After lunch, visit Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion.
Drive back to Jinghong in the late afternoon. Check in hotel.
Day 6 Departure from Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Departure from Jinghong
Departure from Jinghong. Service ends.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostels|
|Jinghong||Hermit Hotel||Xile Hot Spring Hotel||Tai’ anmeng Holiday Hotel||Rainforest Paradise Inn|
|Xiding||/||/||Xiding Yixiang Hotel||Rainforest Paradise Inn|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodation with breakfast as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide and vehicle for transfers & sightseeing;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Two bottles of mineral water each day.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.</li
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs. -Situated on the northern edge of the tropical zone, Xishuangbanna area is hot, humid and rainy; don’t forget to take an umbrella or a raincoat when go out.<
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.
- Beast time to visit: Late October to March next year.
- Itensity: General
- Risk: Low
- Related transportation: Arrive at Jinghong first, drive to Bada Elementatry School, then start your hiking to Xiding Town.
- Climate: late Octomber to the next March is dry and cool (Min 5); March to Octomber is rainny season
- Equipment: convenience (you can live in the villages all the way); betterr with a sleep bag (5-15 degrees); long sleeves; water and solid food (villages can supply sometimes)
- Just-in-case medicine: mosquito repellent, cold medicine, woundplast, antidiarrheal
1、The total hike is about 45KM (4-7 hours each day). Xiding local market is on every Thursday and you might not see sunrise when it rains.
2、Mainly stay over at local ethnic villages, daily shower is available.
3、This route will pass by Manduan Temple(free to tourists) and Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion(20 Yuan each one) which you can visit on your own.
4、This route is designed for nature and outdoor activity lovers by which you can enjoy the beautiful nature scenaries and colorful minority cultures (Bulang culture in particular).
5、Please take good care of the local environment and customs. Refractory waste should be taken out of the villages.